Sunday, February 5, 2017

Birthday Bonanza - with Creation Station!




This month's theme for Creation Station is "It's a Birthday Bonanza!" I hope you're enjoying the Hop so far, or if you're just starting the Hop - Welcome!

So this is a card I said I would NEVER do for card class - but I DID!! :) The card front might be a bit 'simply' deceiving... Even with a few fun pretties from the Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit ~



And the card inside is all the fabulousness -

For most it's been called the Pop and Twist technique. And when I first saw these cards, I said "NEVER" for a card class technique to teach to my friends!  Way to difficult, but then I found a tutorial from France Martin on You Tube (and I think she calls it a Pivot card) - and I was convinced! - WE CAN DO IT!! 

I'm not sure that she was the inventor of this super cool card, but I like listening to her accent and her tutorial was so easy to follow!!

And here's my super fun Pop Up card inside...



So, yep, a day to celebrate YOU!! Love our Large Letters Framelits - they were a perfect fit for this awesome Pop-Up card! 

And, yes, everyone at card class was successful in making this card!:)

Hope you enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop...

You can click either ~


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B


5 comments:

Sara Levin said...

Cute Pop and Twist card Julie!

Unknown said...

Great card Julie! I've yet to make one but still enjoy seeing them!

Mikaela Titheridge said...

Fabulous card Julie. I really must have a go at one of these clear pop and twist cards x

Kimberly said...

Beautiful cards Julie!!! XOXOXO

kkstamper said...

What a clever card! I'm going to have to try this technique. I love the colors, too! xoKathyxo