Sunday, March 6, 2016

Creation Station - Birthday Blog Hop!

Welcome to the March Creation Station Blog Hop! This month we're celebrating birthdays!! I've used the Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Papers for both the card and small project. These papers are so awesome - not only do they have perfect birthday images, but the floral prints are gorgeous!! (Stay tuned to see more with those!)

We made this card at my classes last month - and I love it! 


I love when a card has dimension - popping up the balloons with both single and double-stacked Stampin' Dimensionals made me love this card even more!!


And just a quick tip - When your colors aren't exact - use what blends well. The muted confetti pieces in the background DSP piece didn't have a color that had a coordinating ribbon that was working for me. Here, I wanted a subtle, little bow. And the closest color in something thin was the Calypso Coral Baker's Twine (Calypso is not a color in the DSP though). But it sure does blend well - so I used it! The cardstock layer under the DSP is Calypso Coral, as well as the baker's twine, and I think it brought it all together well.


This little treat holder is a super easy and cute little pattern I've made quite a while ago, but revamped it using new papers and products. The little base inside the treat holder fits just a few small chocolates (2 Lindt truffles or 3 mini Snickers). 

The little inside box is a Pool Party Cardstock piece that measures 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" (flat), and is scored at 1" on each side. Cut in tabs, fold up and glue to create an open top box. The DSP piece is 3" x 9" and scored at 3-3/4" from each end.

I used the Word Window Punch to create the little handle. And what I love most is the simple, but sweet little tag!


I stamped the saying from the Enjoy the Little Things stamp set. It's punched out with the 1-1/2" Circle punch, and layered onto a 1-3/4" Pool Party punched circle. And the best part of it all - the super sweet Bow Paper Clips! So cute, and it holds it all together!


I hope you enjoyed your stop here at my stampin' space!

If you missed the last post, and want to go back - click below:

Or, if you're ready to move forward - click here:

Thanks for joining us!!


Julie B

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your little treat box! How fun!

kkstamper said...

Julie, these are such pretty projects. The little treat box is adorable!

Dena Rekow said...

Oh my gosh, your little treat holder is adorable!!!!! I love how you used the bow clip! Perfect!!!

I also really like the card--so soft and pretty! You always have the most gorgeous stuff!

Mikaela Titheridge said...

Oh I love your little treat holder …. super cute and your card, very clean and fresh. Thank you so much for sharing xx

Nicole Tugrul said...

Love your card and the treat holder is the icing on the cake!! Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love the little treat box Julie! How cute :) love the card too - think I might case it for a class I have next monday!