Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Number of Years Anniversary Card!


Today I was making cards for a swap I'm participating in, using the new set Number Of Years. - I LOVE this set! And the Framelits that go with them - definitely on the top of my list from the new Occasions Catalog!! So anyway, as I was planning my swap cards, I got a little stuck and realized that I hadn't participated in the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge yet! So Bam!! There was my layout idea!


I knew I wanted to make some kind of Anniversary Card - and this layout worked perfectly, I think, for this card!

Here's a little closer look at the focal point of the card. I used the Framelit numbers without stamping - giving the numbers a more bold look. And I used Silver on the ribbon, doily and strip between the Whisper White and Basic Gray of the card front. - Those pops of silver really stand out when you see it in person!


You can still participate in the Card Challenge too, just hop on over to Craft Project Central and check it out!

Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B




1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Julie. Love the silver doily! Very elegant. Nice take on the sketch.