Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Graduation!


No re-inventing the wheel here!  I needed to make a graduation card for a friend, so I did a re-make of the one I made for my daughter's graduation card.  The layout was clean and simple, so I just changed the colors for a different school, and it was all good!!
 

Here's a closer look at the graduation cap - perfect and easy that I could use scraps to create it (the tutorial for it is HERE).
 

And I used our new Basic Black stamp pad for the saying - Lovin' the new Classic Pad inks (you can get them on June 1st)!  And I can't wait to share them!!  Just have to remember that a super light and easy touch - and the ink coverage is so much better!  The ink even worked well on the Gold card stock, which used to be kind of tricky!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie B

 
 


 

7 comments:

mary said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the grad hat! Very cute (and timely)
mary

Beth F. said...

I really love your card! Hopefully I will get some made like this for this year's graduates.

Anonymous said...

I am busy making the grad card today. Love it. I need to find the tutorial for the cap. Thanks forshareing

Anonymous said...

I am busy making the grad card today. Love it. I need to find the tutorial for the cap. Thanks forshareing

Chrysteen said...

At the risk of appearing dense, what size is this card? An A2, perhaps? I'd like to copycat ya' since this card is perfection.

Anonymous said...

I really love your card. My step daughter is graduating soon and I want to do a card for her and this is perfect. Can you please tell me what size cards you used and what embossing plate you used. Kim Western Australia

Capescrapper said...

Hi Julie, I love your card! Thanks for the inspiration. My daughter is graduating college this year and I am going to make one for her. :)