Thursday, December 22, 2011

And the Stockings were hung...


I made this card a while back for a swap I was in! It uses the Stocking Builder punch, that will be gone after the Holiday Mini Catalog ends! :( Stampin' Up! has said that they won't be carrying it over. I love that punch! I thought it was cute for a baby bootie in this card I made too.


Anyway, not sure if you can see, but I tried to make the background of this card look like a brick fireplace. I used the Simply Scored and scored at every 1/2" from the top to bottom; and then at every inch from side to side (and I alternated on every other row). I also sponged it with Basic Gray to get the lines to pop a little bit.


Then I added the saying from the Four the Holidays set. I stamped it onto a banner piece from the Petal Cone die.


Oh, and yep, that is Red Glimmer Paper that I punched the stockings from!! Love that sparkle!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

2 comments:

Linda said...

Very nice. I love it.

Stef Perry said...

Oh my goodness, Julie, I haven't visited your blog in some time and I was catching up tonight with your projects for the last few weeks and they are fabulous!! Love all your Christmas designs and how you've so effectively use the Glimmer paper {big heart!}. Thank you for sharing all your wonderful designs! Merry Christmas!