Monday, September 5, 2011

A Moral to Every Story...




I made this card with very limited supplies last night! We're on a quick Labor Day get-away weekend (back home today...), and I brought a few things to craft with. I took a few things that were sitting on my desk (the flower on this card that is all cut in layers, the newsprint circle - it even already had the Dimensionals on the back!, and the Scallop Trimmed Circle). So I decided to put together a card.

But guess what I forgot? My Fiskars Trimmer! I realized that making a card without your cutter is CRAZY!! Or maybe it will just drive you crazy?! I tried to cut straight lines by lining up an edge with another piece of cardstock and cutting along the edge with the Paper Snips. Kinda works, but it never looks perfect like when you use the Trimmer. - So just don't look real close!



Here are the pieces that came from my desk at home - that made that part pretty easy to put together. And it always feels good to actually put to use those pieces that have been hanging around that you can't bear to throw away.



And here's the saying I made. I did bring my Petite Pairs stamp set - can't live without that one! I stamped it on a strip of cardstock and then used the 1" circle punch to round one of the edges. Kinda cool!


Well, moral of the story... always bring your Fiskars Trimmer!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

1 comment:

Elizabeth Price said...

You are too funny :0) Why don't you just leave a cutter in Cambria?