Monday, September 12, 2011

Keeping it Simple!


I've been in a 'clean and simple layout' mode lately. It seems like I go back to this once in a while - and it's all good, I think! Not every card has to be an original and time-consuming work of art. If they were, I'd probably not be making too many cards! It's good to whip up something quick, but still get good results!


So the "recipe" on both of these cards is to pick out some fun Designer Papers, maybe add some texture, and use a cute saying - maybe add a dash of pearl accents - Tah Dah!



The close-up here shows you the stamp from the Tagtastic set that I used. I added a little Crumb Cake color here and there, and some pearls - and punched it out with the Wide Oval Punch. Then I layered it onto a Lots of Tags Big Shot piece. - Super Easy!



Here's another easy to do card - kind of the same idea! Some Morning Mocha Designer Paper, a few punches and some pearls - that's all there is to it!



I love the Friendly Phrases stamp set! To me, it's a great focal piece on any card - you don't even need any other special images! But I do think some pearls make a nice added touch!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie


No comments: