Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Day with a Cherry on Top!


Sometimes I'm not quite sure how I end up with a certain layout - or certain results on a card, but it's often not what it starts out to be in my mind! So this was one of those cards!! But anyway, I guess I really had set out to use certain "new" things, not necessarily with a set outcome.

For the base of the card I used the new Houndstooth Embossing Folder. And I must say that I just LOVE all our Embossing Folders, and this one does not disappoint either!

I also used two new stamp sets, Button Buddies and Friendly Phrases - two of my soon to be new favorites too!



Then on the middle part of the card, I added some ribbon frosting with Crumb Cake Seam Binding, just to add some interesting separation of the sections.



And probably my favorite little add-on is the new tiny clothespin! And how super-cute is it with the linen bow on it?? These little clothespins are a definite must-have, 24 of them for $2.95 - and a bargain to boot!!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie


1 comment:

Agustina said...

Great card, love the tiny cloths pin!