Friday, May 13, 2011

Butterflies Popping up Eveywhere!


I kept seeing these cute little pop-up butterfly cards, so I decided that I needed one too! And boy, is it a little one!! It's made with the Beautiful Butterflies Big Shot Die, and it measures just over 3" wide and about 2 3/4" tall! But it makes for a perfect fit in our Mini Envelopes!

I made mine with the Perfect Plum Cardstock, and I ran it through the Finial Press Embossing folder. Then I Shimmer Sprayed it and gave it a little sponging.


Here's a side view that show how the base of the card is made with a fold-over piece of Perfect Plum (it's placed on the butterfly die just below the top of the butterfly, to keep the fold on top). Then on the top part of the folded butterfly piece, you score across the center.

Then a full large butterfly and a small butterfly were die-cut. Those pieces are run through the Finial Press folder (and Shimmered and sponged). After you stick those together, you stick just the bottom half of the large butterfly to the front bottom half.



And here's the inside! The little saying is from the On the Grow set!


Have a great Friday,


Julie

No comments: