Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't Waste that Cardstock...


Today I was playing around with the new Flower Garden Embossing Folder, and I used this piece of Pear Pizzazz to try it out. Well, it made a little weird crease in it - and I thought, "OK, now I know how that works." - And I was going to toss the piece.

But then I decided, well, what the heck I'll just make something simple out of it! So I added a little bit larger piece of Vanilla cardstock behind it, and then a Curly Cute saying, and some Crumb Cake Seam Binding around it - and onto a Crumb Cake card.


So now my cardstock waste became a card I can actually use! It's not the most stunning piece of work I've ever done :) - but it's at least a card to have on hand when you need a quick and simple one!

Oh, and yep, I did add a little sponging and shimmering to the embossed part!


Have a good one,


Julie

3 comments:

Tracey Prieskorn said...

I love this one...very simple but very elegant. I am trying to decide if I want to purchase the EF and this makes me want to. TFS!!!

*********************************
I would love it if you would visit my blog at: addictstamper.blogspot.com
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Tracey

Unknown said...

I love this card because it's clean and simple, yet gorgeous. It'd be a great one for a workshop. TFS!!!

Allison said...

I like the super clean and simple look of this card! It still manages to have such an impact with the embossing!