Monday, March 28, 2011

All Showered Up!


Here's the last of the baby shower projects Jessie and I have been working on! Our first diaper cake! I'd never made one before. It was pretty easy; the biggest decisions were what to decorate it with?! We kept it coordinated with the invitation colors and the lighter colors from the table centerpieces. This will be on a separate table from the bright flower buckets, but it still has some of the same colors.


Jessie wanted to make the baby's name on it - and it fit just perfect draping it down the front. I like the little flower and bling accents on the letters!


And here's a picture of the back of the cake. My mom helped with the bow - it kind of reminds me of how the back of a formal dress would look! And, we decided to use a pre-made silk flower bouquet for the top. I like how it fills the top so evenly all around (and it was quick - buy it and put it in!!). If we would have made coordinating paper flowers, it would have taken a lot of them!!


We had an extra baby bottle (that was what goes in the center of the diaper cake to hold it together). So we filled it with tootsie rolls and decorated it too - just to pass it along as a cute gift to add with the cake!


Thanks for stopping by,


Julie

3 comments:

Stampin with Kristy said...

Julie, the diaper cake is gorgeous!! Wow! You did a fabulous job! TFS!!

Allison said...

So beautiful! Saw it on SC and thought I'd come check out more pics! Looks fabulous! I've made one and know how much work they are!

Unknown said...

Wow! That diaper cake is amazing! Very impressive!