Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bold Blossom Beauty!


I'm super excited to be getting ready for the Stampin' Up! leadership conference this coming week! This is one of the cards I'll be swapping while I'm there.

I wanted to use a set from the new Occasions Mini Catalog. And I Love the simplicity of the Bold Blossom set!! Then I chose some of my favorite colors (Of course, one has to be Baja Breeze!! - but also, Crumb Cake and Pear Pizzazz), and one of my favorite layouts - and there you go! Also, I added some bling - a girl's gotta have bling!

I had one happy accident while putting the card together. When I stamped the words on the card, they came out crooked (Ya, first time that happened - Not!). But I thought instead of turning it over, or throwing it away, I'll stamp the saying on a scrap and then punch it out. So there it is punched with the wide oval and stuck on the card - Straight!! And I kinda like the little extra with the look of the extra "layer."


Julie

5 comments:

KMurray said...

I agree Julie...looks great. Great card, colors etc..

Anonymous said...

A really cute card. And what a good idea on those rare occasions when we miss step, or miss stamp!

Elizabeth Price said...

purtee

Suzie Y said...

Love it! I need to know how to make the ribbon stay like that too!

Kristine Burns said...

Thank you Julie for your wonderful card. I cased this for my team meeting and everyone loved it.