Monday, August 9, 2010

My Favorite at the Expo!


I just can't say how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this topiary that my friend Liz made for the Expo. The picture, I must say, definitely does not do it justice! There are so many details to it that are hard to see in the photo, but I love the sparkle on each of the "circly fluerette thingys." By the way, those were made with the Big Shot table setting die.

But I think what makes this project so awesome is the time Liz took to add the spanish moss in the right places, and put all those little things in place - glitter, smooch, brads, ribbons.... I know that her favorite part, which you really can't see, is that she put newsprint DSP around the stick that holds it all together - yet another fine attention to detail!


I guess I know why Liz was one of this years' Stampin' Up! Artisan Award winners! She has great attention to the details - and just that "something special" that makes us all look in awe at her work! - Go Liz!


Julie

No comments: