Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Crazy for Fabric Flowers!


So I made this fabric flower pin - and I've become obsessed with fabric now!! I kinda loaded these pictures in backwards order. But this first picture is the first flower I made. They are Super-easy to make!! Years ago I did do some sewing, but I haven't sewed anything in a long time. So I was happy to find out that these can be made without any sewing!! I just used a hot glue gun for the whole thing. You might be wondering what this has to do with stamping, but it is made with the Big Shot and Flower Folds die.

I had bought the Flower Folds die and thought it would make a cute card, but never thought I'd be running fabric with the die! You run four coordinating fabrics through the die and then do layering to make the flower! On the back is a pin back so it can be attached to just about anything.



This is a picture of the flower my friend Liz made me for a gift! I wanted show you how cute they are attached to a tote bag. You can accent a plain old black bag with whatever color fabrics you have - kinda fun!


And here is the same flower on the cute scarves that Liz also made me! Cute and super fun on my winter coat!


Then here's the close-up, and hopefully clearer, picture of just the flower she made! It was the inspiration that got me thinking about the one I made! She used a covered button for the center of hers, which makes it perfect in matching the center with your fabric. But, if you're like me, and don't have a lot of sewing stuff, you can use any kind of button. And, if you go back up to the one I made, I used a corduroy button from my Stampin' Up! stash (it is a retired color though).



And, finally this is the adorable little Art Journal that Stampin' Up! sells, which Liz made for me. Another super-cute way to use the to-die-for Fabric Flowers!


There are some You Tube videos that other demonstrators have put out there to show how easy these are to make. Otherwise, give me a jingle and I'll help you to make one! I'm planning on incorporating it into an upcoming class too - so be on the look-out! Wouldn't it make a cute gift?


Have a great day~


Julie

No comments: