Thursday, August 20, 2009

Autumn Days



I just got this set today (and actually I'm getting it again tomorrow - you how you think you just liked it, but haven't ordered it and then you order it again! yep, I do it too!) Anyway, tomorrow is Larry's birthday. He's leaving on a 6 AM flight - no, I'm not going to take him to the airport - so, tonight I'm giving him his gifts and this card!!


I love this set!! - It came out as one that demonstrators could preorder before the new catalog was released. Of course, I thought I'd never use it and didn't buy it then; and here I am using it (and ordering it twice!). Anyway, it is a great masculine set, and it has some nice pieces thtat I know I'll use later for Christmas (a nice real-looking pinecone with a branch piece).







So, tonight I whipped out this card for Larry. It's a pretty basic card with some sponging of So Saffron, Old Olive and Really Rust on Vary Vanilla - all layered on a Chocolate Chip card. But, you know, men like basic. Plus, I can place a pretty safe bet that I'll find this masterpiece on the coffeee table with a nice "glass-ring" around the pheasant! Maybe that's his way of recycling!?!


Oh, plus a little hint - when you make a dark background card, it's helpful to put a lighter cardstock color inside so you can put a message in it!




Have a good one,




Julie






No comments: