Saturday, May 23, 2009

Birthday Card Kept Easy!


I made this card for Alex's friend's birthday. It's always a bit challenging to make a card for a teenage boy - not too cutsey, not to frilly, the right colors...
Anyway, to me that just means to keep the colors simple and not too much stuff on the card! So, I kept it to a birthday word set, some coordinating Designer Series Papers, the star punches, and (I had to!) a little Tafetta ribbon (even if it is gray!)!


And this is the inside. Again, because it was for a teenage boy - who knows what to get them, and what's cool enough - I made a pocket inside. The gray edge is the edge of the pocket where we put money in it, the easiest gift, and probably appreciated!
The card was made with Pacific Point and Basic Gray, and the coordinating Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Papers in Pacific Point prints.
Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Julie

No comments: