Monday, April 27, 2009

Finished Gift Bags



I did finish, and even deliver, the gift bags to my brother-in-law for his softball team. By the way, they're 7 and 8 year olds!





So, the stuff inside each bag is a wrapped jar of bubbles, a Lip balm folder with "Jello" flavored LipSmackers!, a covered notepad with side pen holder, a pull-out pouch with a pack of "strawberry banana" gum in it, and a wrapped Kudos bar. It seemed kind of funny to wrap Designer Series Papers around a Kudos bar and a jar of bubbles, but I just wanted it to look "together," if you know what I mean. I guess that's an anal-stamp person thing.





So, then I put their first initial on most of the projects, and their name on the topper. I hope they have a fun end of the season party. And, in a way, I'll be glad to not be there to see them get the bags. I know that sounds terrible! - but I'm sure there'll be lots of ripping and shredding to get to the goods underneath!! And sometimes that's hard to watch after all the work you put into it! But deep down I really hope they enjoy all the stuff! At least I did use up some of my retired Designer Series Paper - so I feel like I didn't splurge too much!



I hope you'll check back this week when I post some Sneak Peeks for Friday's Technique Class!




Julie




2 comments:

Ladd Lane Lass said...

Wow Julie,

I hope everyone appreciates all your hard work. I know you put a lot of time into those gift bags. They really turned out cute.

Ladd Lane Lass

KMurray said...

Way cute Julie!