Sunday, March 29, 2009

Call Me Crazy!!? Milk Carton Tote Box

So the other day, I was surfing stamp blogs, and came across this super cute pattern to make four of the 2-4-6-8 boxes to put inside a little milk carton crate. It was a template to purchase. And although it was a cheap price (I still may go back and buy it!), I didn't buy it. Then I saw a blog that had a miniature milk carton crate made from two Box #2 Sizzix Dies stuck together back to back. So I thought I could do that for free - I've got that die! So, I gave it a try. Then I put some Raspberry Tart designer series papers around the two boxes (mini milk carton crate), and punched some large ovals for a handle for the crate.



The empty milk carton crate was a little lonely today so I filled it up! I made two miniature milk cartons - of course, embellished with lots of goodies, rbbon and bling! They're only about 1 1/2" wide and 3 1/2" tall, and they fit in one side just perfect!


Then on the other side I made a good ol' stand-by Post-it Note Holder, dropped in a couple blank 3 x 3 notecards with envelopes and a coordinated mini gel pen to fill the other side!




And, of course I added similar ribbon and bling to them too!



So, anyway forever and a day later I have this little project all done! I do like it a lot, but yep, call me crazy sometimes for all the time I put into these silly little things! I do LOVE to see it all come together though!



Hope you had a great weekend!



Julie




1 comment:

knag said...

Julie,
You're not crazy; you're clever! Loved the tote box idea. I can see putting Easter candy in each of the cartons. Great idea for a class project...(hint, hint).