Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Rest of Simple Friendship

So I told you that my last post was the fourth card in the Simple Friendship swap I was doing. And since there was a second and third card, I thought I'd share those with you too!




The card to lthe left doesn't have a whole lot from the set on it, besides the saying! But I like how the Simple Flower Embosslit coordinates with the flowers in the rest of the set. So I Big Shotted one of those to put as my focal point of the card instead of a stamped flower! I also added a half pearl on its center. And, I used the Designer Series Papers "Washington Apple" to help me coordiante it all together. The card on the right uses a lot more of the set. I made my own "fake Designer Series Papers" by using the open and solid flower stamps along with the swirl stamp. I aquapainted some parts of the flowers (just used water direct to the Egglpant Envy stamped images, and "smudged" the color around), and added a hint Certainly Celery to the little leaves and flower centers. I also colored the Friend circle stamped image the same way. Then, I added Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain, Soft Subtles brads, and a large flower from the Pretties Kit! Oh, and the Friend Circle stamped image is punched out with 1 3/4" circle punch.
I'll be back soon to share some more things I worked on this past week! Hope you had a great weekend!
Julie

1 comment:

Ladd Lane Lass said...

Love this new Simple Friendship set and all you have done with it. Of course I have added it to my March order list.
Ladd Lane Lass