Friday, January 16, 2009

Scallop Circle Cone Treat


After searching around some of my favorite blogs today, I found this cute little treat holder. I love all the little candy holders and things!! Anyway, so cool - it is just a piece of Designer Series Paper put through the Big Shot with the Scallop Circle die! Then you just kinda roll it into a cone shape and stick it down with a piece of Sticky Strip. I even cheated on the bow - I tied it first and then glue dotted it on. I used a heart stamp from the Love you Much set and layered with circle punches and a Birds and Blooms scallop circle sizzlet (also from the Big Shot dies). It was so super-easy and super-fast! Always love that!! Usually when you're trying to re-create an idea from memory it takes a few tries, and lots of re-dos, but this was my first one - no re-dos!

Have a great weekend! I hope you all have a three-day weekend too! I'm looking forward to an extra day off!

Julie

2 comments:

Merrigrace said...

Very cute! I'll have to copy your idea. I created a blog too. Check it out, http://stampinupwithmg.blogspot.com

Ladd Lane Lass said...

This was just the Valentine container I was looking for.
I didn't have enough designer paper to make 20 scalloped circles so I just used my new Love you Much stamps on the outside, lined it with half a doily, finished it of with a bow and stamped medalion. They
came out so cute.
Ladd Lane Lass