Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thanksgiving's Coming!




I saw this cute idea, and adapted it a little to make it my own. I thought it will be cute to set out these little place cards for the Thanksgiving table. I used the Wide Oval Punch four times, folded them in half and Sticky-Stripped them together; underneath the pumpkin are swirls from the Scribbles and Swirls Big Shot Sizzlit. I put a smidge of Close to Cocoa for the stem and mini-glue-dotted a piece of olive grosgrain to accent the stem. And the little strip of Designer Series Paper came from the Frosty Day papers. It was just the right color to accent the other browns I used. Anyway, I like the dimension of the pumpkin popping off the placecard! It's pretty quick idea to reproduce a few, so maybe there will actually be more than one on my table when Thanksgiving arrives!!



Oh, and, of course, for the stamping - the Happy Thanksgiving saying is from the set "Holidays & Wishes." It's a great set that takes you from Thanksgiving to Christmas to New Year's to Valentine's Day, and has "sweet little one" and "from the heart." An awesome set that will get you all the way through the Spring!!






Thanks for stopping by~






Julie

No comments: