Monday, November 17, 2008

Scandinavian Mittens!


My swapping friend Elisa made this AWESOME card! I always look forward to receiving her cards when we do a swap! I know a lot of people from the classes that I've recently had have really admired this card! She added a lot of great touches to make it special! She embossed in white for the mittens and the snowflakes on the background - really made those stand out, especially when you see the card in person! I think the mittens, being cut out and hanging from the silver cord really gave the card another little extra fun factor!
I think the topper of all cool on this card was the glittered icicles over the Let it Snow saying. The icicle is made by putting Crytal Effects on waxed paper, in icicle-looking form, and sprinkling glitter on it. Then let it dry, peel off the waxed paper, and stick it on your project! - Super Cool!!

The set is Scandinavian Season from the Holiday Mini Catalog, and the colors are Bashful Blue and Riding Hood Red - All Stampin' Up! supplies as usual!!
Thanks for checking in!
Julie

No comments: